Multimodal transport of goods is a special modal mode of transport (maritime, road, rail, air, etc.) in which the carrier (multimodal operator) shall be responsible for the cargo from the moment of loading to the moment of delivery to the consignee’s warehouse.
Nowadays companies around the world cannot operate and develop without a constant exchange of goods and cargo. All modes of transport are involved in this process, but not all countries are connected by land routes, but heavy and oversized goods cannot be transported by air or by road, so Multimodal freight transport plays a special role in world trade.
Paragraphs which precise need to be calculated and agreement for this type of transport:
- Optimum traffic pattern and route
- time and place of entry for loading
- time and place of transhipment
- Conditions for organizing the temporary storage of cargo
- time and place of delivery
- Other additional services according to customer’s wishes
Customer’s tasks in this cargo transport
- to inform the carrier of the type and characteristics of the goods
- Specify the point of departure for the destination of the goods
- Harmonize the cost of transport services
- Conclude a multimodal transport contract
- Receive the goods at the specified destination at the specified time
For information about the cost of services, contact LLC «NEVATEK» specialists by phone: (812) 626 6078, (921) 774 5006 or fill in the request form «Calculation of the value» and in the near future one of our managers will contact you.
Useful information on multimodal transport
Ship Supply to Port — Ship Supply to Port Saint Petersburg of the largest maritime container lines as well as the main feeder lines of the Baltic Region
Maritime Line Container Prefixes — List of Maritime Line Prefixes. Each owner has a unique prefix (BIC Code), it indicates the ownership of the container. You can also define a shipping company by prefix
Tracking Container (Tracking) — Tracking System is a convenient, simple and free way to track the current position of your cargo container by the number of the sea container